Mosquitoes are back with a vengeance. They’re just not content to annoy us, they also transmit all sorts of nasty diseases. Mosquitoes are the most annoying bugs to deal with, but they can also be dangerous. They carry diseases like malaria and Zika that can be very harmful to your health. But there are natural ways for you to get rid of mosquitoes without using insecticides or bug sprays. Read on for more information!
There’s no need for chemical warfare when nature has got your back! Here are some natural ways to get rid of mosquitoes without the use of harsh chemicals or expensive bug zappers.
Mosquitoes are a major annoyance, and they can be found all over the world. They’re most active at dusk and dawn because that’s when we’re typically outside enjoying the outdoors! We’ve compiled a list of natural ways to get rid of mosquitoes in your yard so you don’t have to deal with them on your evening walk or morning jog.
Ingredients That Repel Mosquitos
These essential oils have been proven to repel mosquitoes and other bugs, so if you want to enjoy your time outside without worrying about getting bitten then read on! The post will go into detail about what these ingredients are, how they work, and which ones might be best for different situations. With the right mix of these oils in an oil diffuser or spray bottle – it’ll be like a mosquito magnet going off around your house every day!
- Pour boiling water into a pot and set it on top of your porch railing
- Spray yourself with citronella oil before going out for an evening walk
- Plant marigolds around your property as this will help keep mosquitoes away from gardens where people eat vegetables (or any other area)
- Citronella oil: This plant has been used for thousands of years by tribes in Southeast Asia because its leaves release an aroma that repels insects. The fragrance is so powerful that just one drop will provide protection from mosquitoes within a space up to 12 feet wide!
- Keep pots of basil plants near windowsills or doorways to keep mosquitoes away
Natural mosquito repellents
It’s the time of year when everyone is trying to find ways to avoid being bitten by mosquitoes and carrying around bug spray. And while you might be hesitant about using a natural repellent, there are many benefits that make it worth considering. Natural repellents contain ingredients such as citronella, lavender oil, peppermint oil, and lemongrass that will keep bugs away without any harsh chemicals or fumes. Plus, they smell nice! It’s best to use these types of products sparingly on children due to safety concerns but for adults with sensitive skin, they can be used liberally without worry.
The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) has listed mosquitoes as one of the top five deadliest animals in the world because mosquitos kill more humans than any other animal on earth. In order to keep these pests away from your skin it is important you avoid mosquito bites by wearing long-sleeved shirts and pants when outside during dusk hours (5:00 PM – 10:00 PM).