We all want a natural tan. But sometimes, we may not have the time to go and get one. Or maybe you’re vacationing in an area with no sun at all! Don’t worry though, because I’m going to show you how to make your current tan last longer by using some simple tricks.
For most people, the summer season is a time to get out of doors and enjoy the warmth of the sun. However, if you’re like me, you want to look your best while still enjoying your favorite activities this summer. One way that I’ve found helps my skin stay tan longer is by using natural ingredients for some self-tanning products.
Ways To Prolong A Tan
The summer sun is shining, and you’re ready to soak up some rays. You may have heard that a natural tan lasts longer than one from the bottle or can, but do you know how to make it last? Read on for tips and tricks on how to keep your glow all season long!
- Apply sunscreen daily so that skin does not dry out.
- Always use a moisturizer after showering or bathing.
- Moisturize often – especially if you’ve had any peeling or dryness
- Protect your hands with gloves when doing housework or gardening.
- Use oil-free products which won’t clog pores and cause breakouts.
- Exfoliating before you go in the sun
- Using self-tanner on any exposed areas like hands, feet, or elbows.
- The best time of day to apply lotion is right before bedtime because once asleep, your body produces its own natural oils which will help maintain the tan even better in the morning.
Ways to Maintain a Tan
If you don’t want to use sunscreen, try wearing clothes that cover your skin as much as possible and seek shade whenever possible. You can also keep cool with cold water or ice packs – which will both help reduce heat build-up.
Stay hydrated, wear sunscreen, and don’t forget the hat! These are just a few of the tips to prolong your tan. But what about after that? If you want to keep your glow going for as long as possible, there are some things you can do.
If you’re a woman, then chances are that you’ve spent some time in the sun this summer. Whether it was during your road trip to visit family or at the beach with friends, there’s no denying how nice it is to have a tan! But before you start thinking about what your winter wardrobe will look like and how much fun it’ll be to wear boots all day long, don’t forget about one of the most important parts of maintaining your summer glow: prolonging that beautiful bronzed look for as long as possible!